What's For Dinner: Honey Lime Chicken

When I worked for a newspaper, the employees compiled their favorite recipes into a cookbook that they sold to raise money for the United Way. This recipe was on the same page as two that I contributed. It is flavorful, fast, can be light and elegant enough to serve for a special meal. I serve it with rice and stir-fried mixed vegetables.



HONEY LIME CHICKEN
1 20-ounce can pineapple slices
2 whole chicken breasts, split (I get boneless)
garlic salt (I use garlic powder)
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch


Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt/powder. Broil until cooked. (I sometimes use my grill pan.) Combine pineapple juice, honey, lime juice, soy sauce and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook, stirring until thickened. Add pineapple to sauce. Heat through. Spoon over chicken.

Source: Cooking for a Cause, contributed by Marian Fisher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw