Thanksgiving Morning Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Happy Thanksgiving!

I made my 8-year-old a pumpkin pie smoothie and a Thomas' cranberry bagel this morning before she went to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with her grandmother next door.



PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE

1/2 banana (peeled, frozen, diced)
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
3/4-1 cup vanilla almond milk
Few shakes of pumpkin spice or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon allspice
Few shakes of cinnamon (optional)
Pinch of cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla
4-5 ice cubes
Sugar to taste -- I added 1 tablespoon.


Combine all in a blender. Serves 2 people.

I can't attribute the recipe because the re-pinner on Pinterest didn't give the original source. However, I added the sugar myself -- it needed something a bit sweeter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I keep seeing beverages utilizing canned pumpkin. So smart! I really love pumpkin and other than pie or other baked goods, ravioli and maybe a pumpkin butter, I can't think of much else to do with this yummy gourd. I love the almond milk addition in your smoothy - I bet the nuttiness goes really well with the pumpkin, sugar and spice!
Cynthia said…
I was surprised at how filling this was! I love that it is so good for us.

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw