Cookies: Nutty Date Squares

This is a staple on my Christmas cookie tray, but occasionally I make them at other times of the year. They are easy to put together and don't take long to bake. Plus they are a favorite at potlucks. My friend ate 4 during the coffee hour after worship this past Sunday!

NUTTY DATE SQUARES

1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 2/3 cups Bisquick
1 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
Powdered sugar (optional -- I don't use this because I don't like the sugar falling on my clothing)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter, sugar and egg thoroughly. Stir in Bisquick, dates and nuts.
Spread in a greased and floured 9-by-9-inch pan or baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Cool. Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Roll in powdered sugar, if desired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw