Turkey Leg Place Cards for Thanksgiving

I have waited a whole year to show you this cute idea for a place card on your Thanksgiving table!



I found this idea online somewhere last year -- on Thanksgiving Day. It was super easy to pull off with things I had around the house.

Take a brown paper lunch sack. Fill it about 2/3 full of popcorn -- I used kettle corn. Twist the top of the bag tightly.

Make the frilly white paper "booties" for the end of the drumstick by folding a length of white cardstock or copy paper in half -- about 2 inches wide by 8 inches long. Use scissors to cut through the folded side -- don't cut all the way. Make cuts every 1/4 inch or so. Eyeball it. Roll the strip of slashed paper around the end of turkey leg and hot glue the end to secure it. I wrote each guest's name on the little paper bootie.

Here's a close-up:


Happy Thanksgiving!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw