Marshmallow goodness

When I was a kid marshmallows came in three flavors: plain, toasted coconut and fruity (Kraft calls them FunMallows).

A couple of years ago I found Caramel & Vanilla Swirl and I wrote about it here.

This winter I saw extra-large marshmallows and square flat marshmallows sized to fit perfectly on graham crackers and chocolate bars for s'mores. Kraft calls them StackerMallows.

This spring the flavors of marshmallows have exploded like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man when zapped by The Ghostbusters (now that's telling my age!)

In addition to plain, mixed fruit, strawberry and caramel marshmallows, there are chocolate royale, chocolate-vanilla swirl and chocolate mint varieties. A label on a shelf indicated Pina Colada should be stocked there but it wasn't. Stay Puft marshmallows have been licensed as a "Ghostbusters" collectible and sold as CAFFEINATED MARSHMALLOWS!

Kraft Foods, maker of Jet-Puffed Marshmallows says the new flavors will be around for a limited time. I hope they are rolled out seasonally. That would mean there's a good chance at Christmastime I'll see the French vanilla snowmen and gingerbread flavored marshmallows again. The gingerbread were our favorite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw