C.J. Maggie’s Owners Know Recipe for Success



Photo courtesy of C.J. Maggie's American Grill

I discovered C.J. Maggie's American Grill when I was a freshman at W.Va. Wesleyan College in 1995. I loved the Easy Elmer (a ham sandwich) and the Bagwan's Grilled Vegetables sandwich, things that are no longer on the menu. Still on the menu are the 40 Miles of Bad Road Nachoes that my friends and I would share and still have leftovers.

Here is a story I had the pleasure of writing this spring when The State Journal named C.J. Maggie's one of its 55 Good Things in West Virginia.



CJ Rylands
photo courtesy of the Feast of the Seven Fishes Festival

C.J. and Jeannie Rylands founded the restaurant chain.

By CYNTHIA McCLOUD For The State Journal
BUCKHANNON — Restaurateurs C.J. and Jeannie Rylands have the recipe for downtown revitalization.

The business model they use when scouting locations for new C.J. Maggie’s American Grill franchises has gotten them named one of the 55 Good Things in West Virginia.

“The business plan that works for us is to go to the geographic center of a historic urban commercial district and acquire a distressed property,” C.J. Rylands said. “Through all our own efforts, meaning we do all the work ourselves, we spend a number of years massaging every square inch of the building several times.”

To read the rest of the story, go here.

Have you eaten at C.J. Maggie's? What do you like to order?

For a menu and locations, visit http://www.cj-maggies.com/.

Comments

Douglas Beer said…
C.J. Maggie's is one of my Family's favorite places to eat when we come to Buckhannon and Elkins. We love the food and especially the Caesar side salad. Really you can't go wrong with anything you order from the "French are Dips sub" to the to the wood oven pizza's with the Spinach Ricotta & Roasted Garlic and the Greek being my favorites. We also love the motto "Directly Above The Center Of The Earth". C.J. Maggie's has stood the test of time where as many of the other restaurants in town have failed. I only wish there was one in my home town because I live 4 hours away.

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw