Sweet and simple breakfast corn muffins

I'm trying to encourage the women and men of my church to sign up to bring sweet treats on Sunday morning for the coffee bar instead of the same kind soul (not me) buying doughnuts or whatever every week. It hasn't quite caught on yet.

But today was my Sunday to bring the treats and boy was I swamped with work, work-related traveling and helping my mom. Still, feeling like I needed to be a good example, I whipped up something I already had on hand. It is easy -- 20 minutes start to finish. In fact, it baked while I was in the shower. And I thought it was pretty yummy -- a couple of other people said so, too.

Here is my fuss-free formula:

1 package of Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
red raspberry jam

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin that yields 24 mini muffins. Prepare the muffin mix according to package directions but scoop the batter into 24 minimuffin tins, Filling them half full.
Drop a scant 1/4 teaspoon raspberry jam into the middle of the batter in each muffin cup.
Bake at the temperature on the package for 8 minutes (no longer.)

Variation: Instead of the jam, you could stir in about a 1/2 cup dried mixed fruit. We had snack-size boxes of raisins, pomegranate "chips" and dried blueberries for lunch boxes and I stirred one ounce into half the batter and had about 10 muffins with dried fruit and 14 with jam.

Sorry there are no pics -- I really was in a hurry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw