1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin
butter or margarine
1 large onion, minced
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sour cream
I wrote a note in the cookbook: Stir-fry the steak, chop and measure ingredients and cook noodles before you begin cooking. The assembly moves quickly and you have to have things at hand to add to the pan.
Trim fat from tenderloin; cut meat into 2-inch by 1/2-inch strips.
In 10-inch skillet over high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot butter or margarine, cook half of meat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 1 minute (meat will be rare). Pour meat and drippings into medium-sized bowl. In 1 tablespoon more hot butter or margarine, cook remaining meat; pour into bowl and set aside.
To skillet, add 2 tablespoons more butter, onion, mushrooms, mustard and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in sour cream; add meat and heat, stirring. Do not boil.
GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF CASSEROLE
1 pound extra lean ground beef (96/4)4 cups cooked egg noodles
8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large onion , chopped
3 minced garlic cloves
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can of Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add in ground beef and brown with salt and pepper until done, breaking up.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine, reduce heat to med-low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in soup, sour cream and mustard until combined.
- Pour noodles into large dish, pour meat mixture over, and toss to coat, then pour all into 13×9-inch baking dish or pan that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Divide into 6 equally sized portions and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
7 Weight Watchers Points per serving