A tasty treat for dry skin

The colder-than-usual temperatures are really brutal to my skin, which normally doesn't have any problems. My creamy cleanser and moisturizer haven't been able to keep up. I tried to drink more water to fight the problem and that didn't completely solve it. I pumped moisture into the air with a humidifier. But for immediate relief for my dry, tight, itchy, flaky face, I whipped up a home remedy with ingredients in the kitchen. I found a few variations of this recipe all over the 'Net.

1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
a little ground oatmeal (optional)

Combine and apply to face (avoiding eyes) for 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.

This recipe made enough for me to do two applications, which I thought was excessive to do two days in a row. I could halve the recipe but what would I do with half an egg yolk? I think with a little planning -- mixing it on the weekend when I make scrambled eggs or something else I could sneak a little extra egg yolk in -- and I'll be set. The dilemma of what to do with the egg white, if I don't want to just throw it out, could be solved the same way. But I have a yummier idea: seafoam candy. I'll post about that when the air is dry and I have time to draft the husband into helping me make a batch and take photos. It is the most special homemade candy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw