[Product Reviews] Hot and Not



I went into Wal*mart a little snacky, with homemade Chex Mix on my mind. Then I saw a can of Blue Diamond Almonds Bold Wasabi & Soy Sauce. I bought them and have managed to not eat the entire can at once...just nibbling a few at a time. They really hit the spot when I'm craving something salty and a little spicy. I don't have to eat many to satisfy my munchies. I don't have to feel guilty about snacking because almonds have fiber and are low in fat. Six ounces cost about $3.

We don't buy much juice but recently I tried Welch's Black Cherry Concord Grape and it was divine: jammy and luscious. A bit pricey at more than $4 for 64 ounces but there was a $1 coupon on the bottle (which of course the checker didn't acknowledge) but still well worth what I paid for it.

I took the coupon back on my next shopping trip but all the bottle of that variety were gone. Then I noticed they had the same flavor and brand of powdered drink mix in little on-the-go packets that you add to water. Yes I know there's nothing you can add to water that will match juice's nutrition. But I was hoping for flavor and for the promised immunity-boosting antioxidants till I could find the real thing again. I have tried one packet and I'm disappointed. It tastes like really bad grape Kool-aid, not that grape Kool-aid is all that great to start with. I don't know if I can make it through the whole box, even for the vitamins. It is quite like taking my medicine. Think Dimetapp.

Hot: Blue Diamond Almonds Wasabi & Soy Sauce
Hot: Welch's Black Cherry Concord Grape 100 percent Juice
Not: Welch's to go! powdered drink mix

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw