Christmas Candy: Peanut Clusters

This recipe is the newest I have added to my Christmas candy repertoire. My friend Melanie, with whom I attend Taste of Home Cooking School shows, shared this recipe, which is her Aunt Jean’s. She said her aunt does it differently than she submitted it to me and I made it still differently than that. What I have written below is what I did and it was yummy. The combinations of the two chocolates and the almond bark coating makes the candy’s taste is more complex than just “chocolate-covered peanuts”. I’ve gotten swoons from the people I’ve shared it with so far. It is so easy to make because a Crock-Pot melts the chocolate. All you have to do is stir and drop the clusters onto waxed paper.

PEANUT CLUSTERS
1 16-ounce jar salted dry roasted peanuts
1 16-ounce jar unsalted dry roasted peanuts
1 pound 8 ounces white almond bark, broken into chunks
4 ounces Baker’s white chocolate
12 ounces Baker’s German chocolate
12 ounces Toll House semisweet chocolate chips ( you could use milk chocolate)

Put nuts in Crock-Pot, then add white chocolate, milk or semisweet chocolate and German chocolate. Put the lid on and cook on low for 3 hours.
Turn off the Crock-Pot, remove the lid and let set for 15 minutes.
Stir and drop onto wax paper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw