Funny face (cereal) we love you!




When I was a kid, my mom would get me to eat my Cream of Wheat by making a face in it with m&ms. Now I do that with Bella. She calls it "funny face" cereal.

Here is what my family looks like as m&ms. (Sizes are not to scale -- Bella's tall and getting taller but she has yet to pass me up. Maybe in kindergarten.)




A more recent family food tradition is making this cinnamon candy-coated popcorn for Valentine's Day. It's also yummy at Christmas, but I usually don't make it for all the other traditional holiday goodies.



CINNAMON POPCORN

32 cups plain popped popcorn (If you're using an air popper, this is 1 1/4 cups unpopped kernels.)

1 cup margarine or butter

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1 9-ounce package Red Hot candies

Grease with shortening or cooking spray three 13-by-9-inch pans. Put the popped popcorn in the pans.

Melt margarine, syrup and candy together; bring to a boil (the candies will sort of clump at first, but they do eventually dissolve.) Boil 5 minutes.

Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.

Bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Break apart. Store in airtight container.


Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family cooking contest reinvents hot dogs

Farewell, My Hero (Burger)

Old-fashioned candy: January Thaw